Thursday, September 18, 2008

My blessing.





It was a fun day today, the sun was shining for once even though it was frosty and cold in the morning. After the kids had finished their school work they took out the playmobil toys and filled the family room full of little soldiers and farm animals and played all together. Laughter, giggles, and adjusted story lines filled the air. They cooperated and teased. Ashlinn and Brian decided to tickle Eamon the 16 year old. He lay among the toys, all 6'2" of him, with the 10 and 5 year old jumping all over him and laughed. It warmed my heart. I should have got them up to help sweep the floor or something.... but it did them and me good to let them play.


It is in those moments that I thank God for the blessings He has granted us in His mercy. I see glimpses of heaven in the happy voices, twinkling eyes and flushed smiling faces. "Love is kind, love is patient..." it is lovely to see that being lived out before one's eyes. I feel as if I have done the right thing in my life, marriage, children and home schooling. It was a good day and a blessed moment.

1 comment:

Fr Seán Coyle said...

Jackie

I hope many married couples will read your blog and learn from it what marriage is meant to be.