Thursday, August 7, 2008

Yeah for St. Anthony!

Yahoo!!! Ronan found Owen's health card...in the top drawer where said child had sworn up and down that he had looked intensely!! Ha.... Well, I finished hemming and pressing pants and Owen is now all packed and ready to go.
I am just waiting for my love, so we can drive the hockey son to tryouts. It is nice, that Eamon, asks spontaneously to say the rosary on the way there. Thank God for His mercies.
Ashlinn is out at the lake with a friend, Dara has yet to arrive from babysitting... Meg will cook dinner for the gang. Ronan, cousin Connor and friend Ian are all trying madly to take over the world in an Axis and Allied game...and Brian is whining that he is never allowed play anything and on discovering Eamon's bag of Dorito chips, wants them all...sigh...it's always an adventure. He's here...gotta go!

1 comment:

Fr Seán Coyle said...

I must confess that I usually only think of St Anthony when I've lost something. But he never fails me. One time after Mass in a church in County Galway I was talking in the sacristy with the woman in charge. We were talking about our experiences of St Anthony.

She told me, however, that there was one item she had lost and St Anthony hadn't done his usual job. While she was telling me this I was moving things around and - the lost item was behind one of them!

I guess, like many of us, he likes to tease his friends in a gentle way.

But one thing I mustn't forget is to thank him.