Thursday, August 7, 2008


I should be finishing the hemming of Owen's trousers... but I've paused. There is still a lot to do before he leaves tomorrow and I still can't find his health card. Please, St. Anthony, help me find it. I feel a bit disjointed or scattered in my thoughts and emotions. But it will all work out.
Summer is passing and we have had a few nice days of sunshine. Yesterday I took the younger kids out to a friend's sandpit, I know it sounds fascinating...not, but they love to run around through the streams and up the sandbanks. I took the dog with us just in case of bears as the blueberries are ripe at present, but didn't have to contend with that problem. In the afternoon, all of the kids except for Megs went bowling and then walked home. I had prepared supper for them as I had to leave with Eamon to go to his hockey tryouts.... I know, I know, mid-august and all that, but that's how it goes. He is actually too young for this team but he received permission to skate with them. (18 yrs old is the norm) He turned 16 in April and loves it, loves it, loves it. I am not sure he will make it but that too is in the Lord's hands. He is doing well and doesn't look out of place, which is amazing since he has only learned to skate and play in Aug. '05. It is a fast and exciting game, and Eam loves team play. Well, I had better get back to sewing and then get the lunch going. Ciao for now

No comments: