Saturday, April 9, 2016



Chores are done, at least mine are... except for my load of clothes that are drying. Hubby has had a hair cut and is changing a lock for us. I'm sitting, in the shade looking out over water, blue, rippling, the green grass and tree leaves rustling in a gentle breeze. Birds are calling, a plane is high overhead droning carrying people to their lives and destinies and in the neighborhood a child yells, hammers tap...it's a quiet Saturday.

In two different continents two of our children sleep, they're adults now, living out their lives. One teaching children in Korea, the other learning how to be a manager. Another son is getting set to drive for a day in the far north to his next work site.

Strange how life scatters us. It is pleasant though how they love to be back together... I think we are all longing for Christmas, hopefully this year we might make it work. I got a love letter from one of them yesterday. She wrote:

"Sitting here in the office on Friday night thinking about life and stuff. Going to go and play some badminton with some friends after work. Just want to say that I miss you both and hope things are well. The past month has been a little difficult, just feeling a little bit homesick. Not for places or food but for people that I really care about and miss. The more time I spend with some people over here just makes me realize that true meaningful relationships are very few and far between in this world. It makes me so thankful for the beautiful family that I have had the blessing to be a part of and share my life with. I love you both so much and all the crazy and awesome brothers and sisters you both decided to bring into this world and share your lives with. I know it might be corny or sappy to say it. The past times of sitting around the dinner table all together and sharing silly stories from the past laughing and talking together, it is so special and i hope that it never ends and that i can one day try to recreate even just a small part of that with a family of my own, God willing. " 

....How that warms the heart to hear appreciation, gratitude and love from one who we have tried to lay down our lives for. It makes it all worthwhile.


No comments: